Last week this was my fortune. “Here we go. Low fat, whole wheat green tea.” Do you think the person who writes these may have been having a bad day?
On to more relevant things. Here is the finished installation of the new LED stern light.
Kevin painted the port side bilge in the lazerette. The paint fumes in that enclosed space made him a bit high. I can’t believe he was able to drive home! Note that he also re-routed some wiring for the bilge pump and put it in wire loom to reduce any potential chafing.
Several days later, after letting the paint harden up, I (Beth) painted the starboard bilge. This time we brought a fan for ventilation (the cover is still on!) and I tried to untangle myself (folded up like a pretzel in there) and get some air every so often. those fumes are unbelievable. When I was washing a few spots off my arm I noticed that I could barely feel it, so I stopped before I injured myself. The solvent must have an anesthetic effect – I definitely was numb – both in mind and body!
Yesterday we picked up our repaired water tank. Kevin tested the weld overnight and no leaks! Hurrah! we can start putting the tanks back in.
Sunday was Mother’s day – so we avoided restaurants! But it was a beautiful, and very windy day, so we decided to go out for a drive in the afternoon. We stopped by Gray’s Grist Mill and Gray’s Daily Grind for for some dark roast Free Range Coffee and a chocolate chip cookie, and enjoyed the view at the mill pond. WE LOVE LIVING HERE!
In the garden, we have been busy too. The Lilacs are doing well this year and are in full bloom. They smell wonderful. Dug up a hydrangea and moved it to a more shady spot (it was in full sun, DUH) next to the rose bush and hydrangea we moved last year. Yes the bed has a funny angle to it and I need to widen it a bit. Moving that plant was HELL and that is why the last one that needs to be moved is staying right where it is to bake in the sun! We still need to dig up and move the Umbrella Pine. The hole is ready, but Kevin is not!
Planted some day-lilies along the new wall along the driveway – and transplanted daffodils. Split a monster Rose Mallow into 4 plants and transplanted away from the house in the new garden. We’ll see how well the transplants do. Have to water every day because there has been almost no rain!