First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and readers in the USA, and a warm hello to everyone who does not celebrate the holiday.
And a special BULA! to our fellow Fiji Princess 7 day stayers… when are we doing something like that again? We are definitely willing…
The juncos have returned, the summer geese and the cormorants are gone, the winter geese are here. The leaves are off the trees (and thanks to the other day’s south west winds, they are not on our property either 🙂 ). Our stupid rose bush insists on still blooming, so I can’t prune it yet, but everything else says that Autumn has a firm grip, and winter is on its way. Fortunately, no snow yet for us here on the south coast, but we certainly aren’t having one of those wonderful 70 degree Thanksgiving day’s when you go for a walk in your shirtsleeves after eating too much.
The heat had to be turned on near the end of October. There is this Yankee thing about waiting as long as you can before you turn on the heat. Everyone starts to ask each other if they are still toughing it out, or if they turned it on yet. We held out long enough, but there is a point where you just have to do it.
I’m sorry we have been away from the blog for such a long time. I know that for some of you who don’t use Facebook, this is your way of keeping track of us. There have been a few changes, and you can feel free to get in a chuckle at our expense if you like.
The move to Florida is no longer going to happen. We have a saying (and so do many others): ” the universe will unfold as it should”. The forces in the universe were apparently conspiring to prevent our move from Somerset to Yulee, and after 10 months, we just had to read the signs and make a decision. The largest issue, of course, is the fact that we just could not sell the house. No one was interested – no even to look. There is a clear message there. Then a few other things happened, and after 10 months of trying to make this work, it was time to move on with our lives.
In contrast, when we decided to purchase this house in Somerset, we put the Ashland house up for sale after we left for a vacation in Hawaii. We had a signed P&S in less than 2 weeks, before we got back home – obviously, that change was meant to be. Everything was just “too hard” and working against us for this move to Florida.
We are very happy with our decision to stay here, and to get back to living in the now instead of floating in limbo, waiting for the ‘later’. And if you know of anyone who is interested in purchasing a very nice lot in Waterman’s Bluff at a great discount, send them the information please. We now are trying to sell this land.
Once we made the decision to stay, we started shopping for a boat. We had sold Autumn Dream to a really great guy, and so we started looking at sail boats. Kevin kept looking at Pilot House sail boats, and we were trying to decide what was the best option for us. We mentioned to the new owner of Autumn Dream (when we were helping put the cover on) that we were in the market for a boat, and he asked if we would be interested in buying her back, due to some changes in his life.
Wow. After a few days of discussion, we decided to buy her back. This is when you really can start to laugh if you choose. Yes, the blog will stay as M/V Autumn Dream, because she is back in our lives, and we are staying here in Somerset. All is right with the world, and the universe is unfolding as it should.
Future posts will include boat work (of course) and changes we are making around the house, now that we are staying put.
Hope this post finds you all happy, and well.