We haven’t posted in a while… because we decided to escape from the cold winter for the month of February. We were scheduled to fly out on February 9, and of course, there was a forecast for a severe winter storm for that day!
On the morning of February 8, as we were trying not to worry too much about the weather, we received an email from American Airlines stating that they would waive all change fees if we wanted to rebook and fly out early – and so we took advantage, and left on Feb 8. Fortunately, we had mostly packed already and our good friend Dave was able to take us to the airport for our flight.
At least we had eliminated the stress of wondering if would make it out, and instead had an extra day in Miami. A few days in Miami, a 12 day cruise on Oceania Riviera in the Eastern Caribbean, 6 days in the Florida Keys, and another 6 on Amelia Island. Can’t complain about a thing. It was beautiful weather, we did mostly nothing, and had a wonderful time. Below is one of the few photos I took, of a bird in Granada.
While we were away, the weather at home did the usual NE flip flopping, 70 degree days, 10 degree days, any type of weather, you just name it. So, the day after we arrived home, the temperature dropped to the teens, and the snow came. And it just didn’t warm up. And the snow came again (winter storm Stella, anyone?). Guess the lousy weather was our payback for going away.
While we were away, the thread on Autumn Dream’s cover “gave up” and one of the sections split apart, at the peak of the frame. Fortunately, the boat yard called to let us know, and Dave and Pat came to the rescue, taking the cover off the boat and bringing it home for us before even more damage could be done – they had one of those good “70 degree days” to do it. We’ll post more about the cover another time.
So what is going on? Well…. when we were in Amelia Island, we visited Waterman’s Bluff (our land) and remembered why we bought there in the first place. They had some new homes under construction and we found a design that had everything we were looking for. We had already made the decision to put our house back on the market when we were on the cruise, and this just confirmed out. So now we are back to our former plan… House is on the market, and we will just wait and see what happens. In the mean time, we are going to enjoy life at our home, and cruise on Autumn Dream this summer.
I finished the crochet project I was working on before we left, I’ll do a different post for that.